Friday, January 12, 2018

A Lovely Day

The Atlantic breaks against the Isle.
The Lighthouse stands tall.
 What a warm and lovely day. 
Great day for a walk with my camera while doing a little beachcombing.


I sat on the rocks for sometime just watching the Atlantic roll in.
The birds and the seals are always entertaining.

I thought of many things far away.

The Sunset was lovely.

The water is hypnotic.


Low in the sky, going asleep into the Sea.

 Curlew

The old lifeboat shed.



The South Harbour
My home by the Sea.



Limpet Shells bought to shore by hungry birds

Allumium Buoy
you don't find many of these!

You see what you want to see.

Skin of a Lumpsucker
I saw 3 hooded Crows picking at something on the beach,
 I walked over and found what was left of this dinosaur of a fish.

Lumpsucker Skin

Puffin Skull

A heart can only break if it still has love.


 End of a Lovely Day.
Good Night. x

15 comments:

  1. And lovely photos from a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures! Never heard of a lumpsucker. Google, here I come. Thanks so much for sharing so much of your surrounding and your life. I have to say if your meals taste half as good as they look, that's reason enough to come and stay for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! thank you. glad you enjoy the pics. :)

      Delete
  3. I want to come up there, get immersed in the land and write poems. Just had another tour of Western Isles and was naturally hit by poetry poemblogtwelve.blogspot.co.uk regards, Mark. ps planning a summer trip taking in Orkney and Shetland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, breathtaking! The colour of the sea is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous moments captured, Tommy .. no reason not to take time to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful photographs ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures... Thanks so much for sharing.
    http://grsshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos of the lighthouse, waves, the sea and the broken heart are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tommy, your photos just take my breath away! What an amazing place to live and explore! Thank you and love you so much for sharing your lovely corner of the world with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place is just unbelievable! It's too beautiful. Like heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know that aluminum buoys existed. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I lived here, I think every day will surely be lovely!

    ReplyDelete