Thursday, 14 February 2013

Nature Lovers! Natural Heart Shapes - Valentine's Day 2013




Everything is coming up Daisies for us Nature Lovers.

Today I took a walk a and photographed natural heart shapes.
I started this tradition Valentine's Day 2007. 
if you wish to join me? post your photos on my facebook group:
Nature Lovers - photos of natural heart shapes  

Today's Valentine's Day photos 2013
photos taken in my garden and among the rocks of the South Harbour Beach.

I Lichen you Valentine... 
because most of the Hearts I found today were in the Lichens





 Am I growing on you?




fruiting body of Sea Ivory Lichen.

don't play Koi with me.



rubbish, our love is all washed up.

 Wool you be mine, Valentine?


  Heart shapes I have found in nature in the past year...

Lichen you for my Valentine.

Lucky in love.

How about a "little" love for the Pechora Pipit.
Look for a few small white median coverts feathers that make a heart shape. (near chest)

Heart in my hand.

Together our love can Fly...

Love Rocks!








A Blue Heart?

A Little fishy.
This Shanny Blenney had a tiny white heart shaped spot between pectoral fins

Heart of the Storm.

More Love & don't forget to share the Love.
Here is a link to last years photos some of them are much better.
http://fair-isle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/hearts-in-nature-happy-valentines-day.html

4 comments:

  1. This year and lasts are brilliant, made me smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, sir, are a true romantic! Loving these, thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've got a great eye. I enjoyed this. It was good last year when I saw it and it's even better this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. You made me smile.

    ReplyDelete