Monday, February 24, 2014

Auld Coots and the Young Ones

Two Auld Coots...
I was feeding a rare and troubled looking Coot in my garden pond for a week... It fed up and looked much better, David (FIBO Warden) came down a rang it and the next day it moved on... I wonder if it will ever be relocated?

Home coming.

Henry is home for the weekend...

Shelduck in flight with the Greylags on Meoness.
Logan found this (first of the year) Shelduck on Da Water, I later refound it near the Wali Burn.

My friend the white tailed House Sparrow.
My Tree.

Scoping out an Iceland Gull.
A few Glaucous & Iceland Gulls hanging about, even a Kumlien's Gull.

A good show of the Northern Lights shined bright last night.

Sweet Saska

Logan searched the isle all weekend for birds of note....
We helped a bit.

Henry & Me say good bye for a few weeks at the landing strip before his plane back to Lerwick.

                         

Logan made this great video when I showed him the inside of the North Lighthouse. The Camera was set on the edge of the beacon as it slowly spins in one rotation creating an unique view of this amazing landmark.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing place! You really live in paradise. Your photographs are stunning! Growing up on the southwestern coast of Norway (outside Stavanger), I've always been curious about the islands out there on the other side of the North Sea. Feels like we're somehow related:-) I hope to visit several of them, hopefully starting off with the hebrides this May.

    ReplyDelete