Friday, January 14, 2011

Waxwings! Happy Days for HD - Smile for the Birdy


 Smile for the birdy!

Today 6 Waxwings showed up before Henry went off to school about 8:30am. I got more apples from the island's shop (Stackhoull Stores) and fed them all day. It was miserable outside and I really felt sorry for them all morning. After the rain stopped about 1:00pm. the sun peaked through a bit and while she had the chance my wife Liz took some HD Video. So I thought I should take photos of the goings on.




The Waxwings really know how to put on a show. 

I can't wait to see this video of the Waxwings with me in the window photographing them.


*** Exclusive Star Bird Interview ***
I'm ready for my close up... Mr. DeMelle



I'm not really in love with the camera, I just like doing my own stunts.


I'm sort of camera shy


I don't like the spotlight... but I love the chicks.

and they all fed in to the sunset, just look at the apple juice dribbled down the bib.

well, that's all the juicy Fair Isle gossip for now!


4 comments:

  1. I am soooo envious of you and your waxwings - I got excited to see half a dozen in my neighbour's garden this winter but they didn't stay long. Brilliant photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so ridiculous! Last Autumn I had them eating out of my hands and I'm more excited now than ever! I'm just happy to be able to share my good luck on this blog. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. I'm moving to Fair Isle... ;)

    Lovely photos, it seems your birds are less wary than those on the UK mainland have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. I've linked it on mine www.blackbirdexperience.blogspot.com Looking forward to seeing lots more! :)

    ReplyDelete