Sunday, October 22, 2023

Whales & Little Birds

Minke Whales

There were as many as 40 Minke Whale, 60 Dolphin & one Humpback Whale seen from Fair Isle for about a week in a feeding frenzy. Sometimes I could see them from my house or garden. Sometimes they were very close to shore. Sometimes the Whales were quite distant and binoculars really helped get a better view. Still, it is always an amazing sight to see a Whale. I found Minke Whales much harder to photograph than Killer or Humpback Whales, Minke Whales are much faster with smaller fins and a less obvious spout or spray to alert you to their presence. These are a few photos I got while the Whales were close to shore.


Minke Whale


Minke Whale Fin




Minke Wha


& Little Birds


Goldcrest


Goldcrest



Willow Warbler


 

Yellow Browed Warbler





3 comments:

  1. A brilliant read! Your post is both insightful and well-crafted. Appreciate you sharing your valuable perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching a story about you on BBC Earth. It's very beautiful ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. Hello from Slovenia.

      Delete