Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Boys with Birds

A beautiful memory from Nov. 28th, 2007 

 Henry & Little Auk

This lovely darling was found stranded inland on Fair Isle. The wind had calmed and the grass a bit to long for this bird to regain flight. We took the Little Auk to the South Harbor and let it go. We watched it paddle out to sea and wished it on its way. With all the folk looking at my son with Waxwings I was thinking maybe you would also like this photo. "one of my favorites" We had never seen a Little Auk before or since. For my North America friends and family they are called Dovekie. It was so cute & gentle... not like holding a Puffin! This photo always reminds me of one of my favorite Pablo Picasso paintings that I have just recently seen for the first time? or maybe I have seen it before on loan in a Picasso Show in NYC? What ever... I love it and it inspires me. Take a look at the link below.

National Gallery in London.  Child with Dove  Painting by Pablo Picasso 

1 comment: