|Fair Isle, Shetland, Scotland, UK.|
|Fair Isle's rustic and charming Kirk|
|The kids want to see Puffins!|
Puffin & Razorbill
- Every room available on Fair Isle has been rented, and deposits have come through from a bank in California.
- Both the Plane & the Good Shepherd Ferry have been completely booked for the 10 days, no charters will be made available.
- My own Auld Haa Guesthouse has been booked for "the family" and Liz, Henry & I are to leave for the duration and have been traded air-plane tickets and use of a posh flat in Barcelona for 2 weeks!
- I have been contacted by a personal chef, "Yes, bring your own macrobiotic, vegan or vegetarian food. I'll leave some Fair Isle Lamb in the freezer."
- They hope to show Puffins to their kids.
- Ornithologist & wildlife guide Dr. April J. First has been hired and will be used on thier disposal.
- I was asked how many seat are in the Kirk. also about Fair Isle Hall kitchen & tables facilities?
- The alias "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" the movie Brad & Angelina fell in love in, isn't that clever, even to 65 folks on remote Fair Isle.
|Auld Haa Guesthouse - Celebrity Getaway Destination?|
Celebrity Getaway? it was bound to happen with all the media Shetland has been getting. Dancing Shetland Ponies, TV Shows & Fair Isle being ranked number 5 of the top 10 Islands in the world by National Geographic. In a way Fair Isle is a good choice, you wont be to bothered by your cellphone because reception is dodgy at best, internet slow... the people here really aren't impressed with any visitor until they see how well or fast they clip a sheep or fix and old car. They have eliminated the major paparazzi threat. And what about the local paparazzi well Liz an I will be in Barcelona and Dave Wheeler? well, his head is in the clouds, not in the stars.