Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Morning Waxwing! Redpolls, Bramblings, Godwit and Glaucous Gull

Waxwing!
and Black-Tailed Godwit in background as a bonus!

As I looked out my window about 8:30 am Birds Birds Birds! A Waxwing a bird I have predicted would show up again on it's way north. I managed to get a record shot after I called the family and guest over to see it. I still am happy with that even after last years excitement of hand feeding Waxwings apples. It's not even a first of the year for me but it's made my day and all I had done is get out of bed and looked out the window. It flew off after a minute or two as neighbouring activity spooked the bird. I haven't seen it again. Plenty of other birds to look at... A Black-tailed Godwit & Glaucous Gull with the Gulls and Curlew on Meowness. The garden was a buzz with birds... 2 Redpolls, 5 Bramblings, 2 female Siskin, a few Chaffinch, a Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, male- Blackcap more and more Wheatears... and of course the regulars Twite, House Sparrows, Rock Doves and Starlings with special guests appearances of Collard Dove and 2 Wood Pigieons. In the South Harbour bird of note 2 Dunlin and a R-B Merganser.
Black-Tailed Godwit
 
Glaucous Gull was also sitting on Meowness as viewed from the Haa.
It's the one that looks like the battleship.

Redpoll

Chaffinch


female Siskin


Birds on my door step as I look out my front door.
Brambling Chaffinch & Redpole.
I swear I do not post these photos to make people jealous...
I am just continually amazed at what I can see from my window.
And without photos who would beleave me?



The birds are eating fallen nigerseed from my window feeder


Birds can brighten up your day!


2 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you. I just have Starlings, Sparrows and Herring Gulls in my garden here in Lerwick. A few doves too.

    The larks are in the hill but haven't seen the Wheatears yet!

    ReplyDelete